North Sami A1 – is a beginner`s course in Sámi language. In this course you will have 10 classes with a native Sámi speaking web teacher.
North Sámi 1 – with webteacher
This is a beginner`s course for students who know little or no Sámi Language from before. The students will use books or online learning resources to learn basic language skills. For each theme they work with there will be a one-to-one lesson with a native Sámi speaking teacher, who follows up your learning process, corrects exercises, communicates with you on Skype and answer your questions. .
The goal is to be able to get by in simple everyday situations.
• Tell about yourself and ask others who they are, about the family, interests, what they like and not like to do
• Numbers, weekdays, the clock
• Questions / answers, how to express agreement / disagreement, how to make an appointment
• Writing simple texts (such as postcards, invitation letter)
• Reading simple, authentic texts such as menus, ads, bulletins with information etc.
Anyone who wants to learn Sámi language for use in their daily lives or while traveling.
Once you have completed level A1 you should be able to:
I can understand familiar words and very basic phrases concerning myself, my family and immediate surroundings when talking slowly and clearly.
I can understand familiar names, words and very simple sentences, for example on notices and posters or in catalogs.
I can participate in a conversation in a simple way if the other party is willing to repeat, rephrase, speaking slowly and help me formulate me. I can ask and answer simple questions in areas of immediate need or on very familiar topics. Spoken production I can use simple phrases and sentences to describe where I live and people I know.
I can write a simple postcard and complete forms with personal information such as name, nationality and address.