This is a beginner`s course for students who know little or no Sámi Language from before.
The course includes 10 modules with dialogues and interactive exercises. You are also invited to E-skuvla`s FB-Group for Sámi Language students.
The goal is to be able to get by in simple everyday situations.
The course features contemporary dialogues, several types of interactive exercises and glossarys with audio.
• Tell about yourself and ask others who they are, about the family, interests, what they like and not like to do
• Numbers, weekdays, the seasons, the clock
• Questions / answers, how to express agreement / disagreement, how to make an appointment
• Writing simple texts (such as postcards, invitation letter)
• Reading simple, authentic texts such as menus, ads, bulletins with information etc.
Anyone who wants to learn Sámi language for use in their daily lives or while traveling.
Once you have completed level A1 you should be able to:
I can understand familiar words and very basic phrases concerning myself, my family and immediate surroundings when talking slowly and clearly.
I can understand familiar names, words and very simple sentences, for example on notices and posters or in catalogs.
I can participate in a conversation in a simple way if the other party is willing to repeat, rephrase, speaking slowly and help me formulate me. I can ask and answer simple questions in areas of immediate need or on very familiar topics. Spoken production I can use simple phrases and sentences to describe where I live and people I know.
I can write a simple postcard and complete forms with personal information such as name, nationality and address.